Welcome to Creative Mindfulness for Children (aged 5yrs-8yrs & 9yrs-12yrs)
Leona is delighted to invite you to enroll your little one(s) into her 6 week virtual Creative Mindfulness for Children classes!
Leona is an Irish based IMMA Accredited Creative Mindfulness Kids Practitioner and is a debut children’s author with an exciting new Mindfulness for Children book series coming in 2022! This programme contains works from the Louise Shanagher Creative Mindfulness for Children method.
Leona has facilitated in-person Creative Mindfulness for Children classes in communities, libraries and schools pre Covid-19. While we are all still living under Covid-19 restrictions, Leona is delighted to be able to facilitate weekly virtual Mindfulness classes for children!
The aim of Leona’s classes is to bring Mindfulness, Meditation, Wellness and Emotional Resilience to children and to enhance their daily lives with ‘forever’ coping tools and techniques to use during the daily demands and struggles of life that they face. Leona’s specialty is to teach and empower children ‘from the inside out’. She fuels children with the knowledge that ‘Everything we NEED is already WITHIN us’ and that we just need to learn how to use these internal, built in tools!
In her classes, Leona helps children to realise, learn and use their internal strength and internal resources to build their confidence, mental, emotional and physical resilience and self belief. Leona teaches children using the Mindfulness, Kindness, Compassion, Self-Compassion and Resilience practices she uses daily in her own life to help her to live a calm, happy, peaceful and confident life.
What will each weekly class cover?
Leona teaches her classes in the following structure:
- Lesson 1: My Stormy Mind (The Mind Jar)
- Lesson 2: My busy Monkey Mind
- Lesson 3: All of my Emotions and Feelings belong in my Heart
- Lesson 4: My Worries and Me
- Lesson 5: My Thoughts are like Clouds passing by in the Bright Blue Sky
- Lesson 6: Being a Kind Friend to Myself
Each weekly class will include the following:
- Lesson introduction and explanation from Leona
- A breathing exercise
- A talk on the lesson theme
- A story / meditation exercise
- An activity exercise
** Leona has designed this programme in a way that enables children to move through each lesson at their own pace. The programme can be completed in their own time frame. **
What will children learn from this 6 week term of Mindfulness classes?
- Leona has devised this programme in a way to help children to learn and understand that they don’t have to be afraid of their thoughts and emotions, that they don’t have to believe what their thoughts tell them, that they are not their thoughts, that they are so much bigger than their thoughts.
- Each lesson will help children to realise that it is ok to experience different thoughts, emotions, feelings and the physical sensations that these can create in their body.
- Children will feel empowered that they now have mindful tools in their ‘Mindful Tool Box’ to help them to self-regulate their breathing, their thoughts and their emotions.
- Children will learn the importance of welcoming each emotion as they experience it, learn to be-friend themselves and each emotional visitor and also learn how to help the emotions leave their minds and body when the time is right.
- Children will be equipped with a set of ‘forever’ coping tools and techniques to use in their daily lives.
When and where is this 6 week term of Mindfulness classes taking place?
These live Mindfulness classes will run on the following dates and times via Zoom:
- Monday 7th February 2022
- Monday 14th February 2022
- Monday 21st February 2022
- Monday 28th February 2022
- Monday 7th March 2022
- Monday 14th March 2022
5.30pm – 6.20pm for ages 5-8yrs
6.45pm – 7.45pm for ages 9-12yrs
The Zoom link to the 6 week term of Mindfulness classes will be emailed to you in advance of the classes start date
© Leona McDonnell Mindfulness and Wellness 2022