“Sometimes in relinquishing the desire to control everything in your future, you can have more peace and can simply hold on to the fact that what’s meant to be, will be”
I love this and find it very empowering and motivating anytime but especially as we start the new year of 2021! One of the biggest turning points in my own life was when I learnt how to ‘stop’ trying to control every thought, every emotion, every response and every outcome in my life and just let ‘synchronicity’ and the ‘power of the universe’ guide me to what’s meant to be. Learning to loosen out the reigns of power and control and just ‘be present’ in whatever moment and experience I was in, really helped me to shape and carve a very positive, relaxed and at ease mindset in my everyday living!
I feel there’s a difference between setting personal goals to achieve and working towards them, as opposed to completely hi-jacking yourself and your life to make them a reality, when perhaps it becomes apparent that they may not be productive or realistic goals for you.
When we pause, take a step back and just watch as our lives unfold, accepting our experience, in the present moment, we can gain a realisation that:
“….. sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck”
We can all get frustrated when we end up on a different path than we imagined, when we feel that things are not working out the way we would have liked or imagined but “sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place” (Mandy Hale). By adopting the mindset of ‘accepting’ your experience and knowing that ‘nothing is permanent, everything is temporary’, you can start to experience a greater flow of synchronicity in your life and start to notice subtle little signs and coincidences that are perhaps falling in front of you.
You can become more attuned to the delicate vibrations and currents that the universe may be placing in your path and feel more liberated to be able to just let yourself ‘go with the flow’ and to experience whatever situation you are being presented with.
Think about what synchronicity is:
“synchronicity happens when you align with the flow of the universe rather than insisting the universe flow your way”
Isn’t this amazing, that by taking our foot off the pedal, by stopping to try and ‘make’ things happen the way we envisaged they would, we can actually experience the most powerful personal growth and embrace the ‘present moment’. By learning to identify, connect with and use our built-in skills and competencies to glide and coast through our life experience, we can experience ease, calmness, presence and grace, while allowing synchronicity and the power of the universe to guide us.
When we choose to allow ourselves to be guided and encouraged by means of synchronicity and really listen to, notice and see the signs or the coincidences that we may be receiving, it’s almost as if the universe is telling us that we are ‘getting warmer’, it’s providing us with these little signs that are leading us on a path to our best potential, if we allow it too.
A beautiful quote I love to illustrate this point is:
“The Universe is always speaking to us through little messages, coincidences and synchronicities that remind us to stop, look around and to be present”
What better way to start off the new year and as a general approach to your daily living than to just allow yourself the mental, emotional and physical space to ‘stop’ trying to have everything planned to the ‘T’, to have everything worked out exactly how you think it should work out, to feel that you always have to be in ‘full control’ of your experiences and the cards you are dealt throughout your life.
How liberating to feel that we might not need to have all these stringent plans and processes in place to live by daily. We can achieve more than we can imagine by just being present in our moment, by using our breath and our senses to navigate us through each moment of our day and of our lives. We can become resilient in our own coping techniques and to how much of the ‘synchronicities, signs and coincidences’ that we are ‘open’ to receiving into our lives!
A thought to leave you with:
“Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, be strong and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason”
How to NOTICE synchronicities and coincidences in your everyday:
The following is a guide on how to NOTICE synchronicities and coincidences in your everyday:
- Every morning, as you start your day ahead, ask the Universe: ‘How can I serve you today? How can I be of service and use to you today?
2. Then, ask the Universe to guide you with clear, accurate synchronicities, signs and coincidences that will help you to move through your day and your experiences more presently and that will guide you onto the correct path for you.
3. Commit to use any or all of your senses – your sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste – to help you to clearly receive any guidance that the universe may be sending to you in any moment. Use your senses to connect to your present moment experience and to help you to become more accepting of that experience.
4. Engage with and use your natural breathing rhythm to anchor you to your body, your soul and your experience. Really focus on breathing in universal energy and breathing out anything that’s not serving you well.
5. Using your present moment awareness and breath as your connection to the universe, commit to yourself to place your full trust in whatever guidance, synchronicities, signs, coincidences that present themselves to you. Allow yourself to notice and experience these in a non-judgemental and non-critical manner.
6. Everyday, thank the Universe for its guidance and for everything that you have in your life.
Thank you as always to Brian O’Loughlin and his team at Celtic Media Group (https://www.anglocelt.ie/, https://www.con-telegraph.ie/, https://www.meathchronicle.ie/, https://www.offalyindependent.ie/, https://www.westmeathexaminer.ie/ and https://www.westmeathindependent.ie/ for all their wonderful help!
As published by The Celtic Media Group in The Anglo Celt, Connaught Telegraph, Meath Chronicle, Offaly Independent, Westmeath Examiner and Westmeath Independent newspapers w/c 18/01/2021